Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Detoxing is hard!

So for a week now Trev and I have been detoxing. Dr. Joshi's holistic detox to be exact. The top ten rules of the detox are as follows:

-No Red Meat
-No Dairy Produce
-No Fruit (except Bananas)
-No Wheat, Gluten, Yeast
-No Alcohol
-No Biscuits, Cakes, Doughnuts
-No Jams, Spreads (except Honey)
-No Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee or Tea (except Herbal teas)
-No Sugar, Chocolate or Sweets
-No Artificially Produced Flavourings: Ketchup, Vinegar, Mustard etc.

The entire point of eating this way for 21 days, is to feel and look better. We're almost done Week 1 (which is generally the hardest) and we do feel a lot better. This is the 3rd time we've done this detox and the first time (which probably took place around early April-ish 2007) I was ecstatic with the changes I experienced over just 3 short weeks (although it felt a lot longer at the time). Joshi quotes on the back of the book "If no-one comments within two weeks on how great you're looking - you must be cheating." And it's true....you'd be surprised.

My family's in town tomorrow night and taking us to our favourite steak house for dinner. So there will be a bit of detox cheating taking place. I can't speak for Trevor, but I'm somehow going to pass on the alcohol (even though I love a good glass of red at dinner and the martini's at this place are really amazing). And then instead of having a nice fat steak for dinner, I'll opt for fish instead. So although I'll be cheating on the detox, at least I won't feel like absolute crap for doing so.

There's not a lot of information on this detox on the web (although the book is great and you can buy it off Amazon.ca), but there's a forum link that I've managed to find a lot of information and ideas from, click here to take a look.

Here's a pic of some of our usual food we love to eat (and can't eat on this detox!)


Laur

No comments:

These are a few of our favourite things! Click on them to buy them yourself!